cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pICTURE FREEZES AND PIXELATES

staudrey
Just Moved In

I have had techs out probably every 2 months, and no -one can fix my TV reception. I have PVRed the problem to show the techs.The lines into my apartment have been checked and all shows as okay. The signal communication betweeen my modem and the mainframe shows as "all green"-that is -no issues.

Obviously there IS a problem that Telus will not admit to. I have now spoken with sveral people who have cancelled Telus due to this issue.

While I acknowledge the issue happens intermittantly, when I have put time into watching a movie only to lose the picture often leavers me with no idea as to what has happened.

Are you having this problem? What have you been told?

Spoiler

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

tefoxcroft
Neighbour

How old is the building? Could be that the lines are too old to carry the signals properly. I had a similar problem a while back and it took the service rep 2 days to figure it out. Apparently another line was piggybacked on top of mine. To correct the problem he changed my line over to a dedicated line and everything is fine. Haven't had a problem in well over a year now.

View solution in original post

albertcanada
Just Moved In

I have experienced this problem and it took a long time for them to fix it.  Make sure that the firmware is up to date on the VSDL router.  Also make sure that the connection from the coaxial line to vdsl is TIGHT!!  I found out mine was loose.  Also if possible use ethernet cable for the connection from the router to the PVR.   

After all these changes I no longer experience pixelated video and "Tv lost signal"

2 REPLIES 2

tefoxcroft
Neighbour

How old is the building? Could be that the lines are too old to carry the signals properly. I had a similar problem a while back and it took the service rep 2 days to figure it out. Apparently another line was piggybacked on top of mine. To correct the problem he changed my line over to a dedicated line and everything is fine. Haven't had a problem in well over a year now.

albertcanada
Just Moved In

I have experienced this problem and it took a long time for them to fix it.  Make sure that the firmware is up to date on the VSDL router.  Also make sure that the connection from the coaxial line to vdsl is TIGHT!!  I found out mine was loose.  Also if possible use ethernet cable for the connection from the router to the PVR.   

After all these changes I no longer experience pixelated video and "Tv lost signal"