optik tv keeps freezing

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

titanle
Neighbour

my optic tv has been constantly freezing for the last week or so.  It is not channel specific and it is now happening extremely frequently.  i have 1 wired pvr and 3 wireless boxes.  2 out of the 3 boxes constantly freeze up.  the box in my room has full 5 bars of wifi connection, i replaced the hdmi cable with another one and I've rebooted the box many times but nothing seems to work.

Community Power User
Community Power User

What did the technical support agent say when you called?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
titanle
Neighbour

He suggested I try replacing the hdmi cable and resetting the box.  When he checked the boxes from his end, he said the wireless ones were fine but the one with the ethernet cable was showing some errors which were minor.

titanle
Neighbour

its happening right now, I've switched through 5 channels and the freezing occurs on each one.  After a while the audio drops out as well.  All the while there are full wifi bars showing on the digital box.  Any troubleshooting tips I could attempt?

Highlighted
Most Helpful
GoldenEagle
Coach

My suggestion in this order specifically:

Remove power to the modem for 10 seconds and reconnect.

Wait for internet to load full and you can get online, then move to the PVR in the home. Remove and repower. Next, the wireless extender. Remove power and reconnect after 10 sec. Last, any wireless Optik boxes and any other wired Optik boxes except the PVR, as that was done. 

In that order: Modem > PVR > Extender > all other Optik boxes(wireless/wired)

If issues persist,  multiple ways of getting support.:

http://www.telus.com/chat 
611 from your home phone

*611 from TELUS Mobility cell.

1-888-811-2323

Twitter: @telussupport

Facebook.

titanle
Neighbour

I had a telus tech come by yesterday and take a look, she ran some tests and basically said everything is working fine.  She did disconnect and reconnect everything and resynced all the boxes.  The only thing she did mention was that the boxes furthest from the AP were getting crappy reception and that she's going to send somebody to put in the wireless repeaters.  Since then i haven't had any freezing.  I think she did pretty much what you just suggested.  Thanks!!!!!

wookie
Resident
I have had optic tv for over a year now and am still having problems with pixilating, freezing, rebooting etc there have been 5 different technicians, changed modem three times, changed optic box three times. The latest box is the newest one that they supply. Cables have been changed, tested and new wires to the house have been changed. New ground has been done. They are still attempting to remedy the problem to no avail.
Shaftell
Neighbour

I was having the exact same problem. Technician changed the box 3 times and also did something with the coaxial cable. It's been a week since the last technician came and the t.v. was constantly freezing on every channel for at least 30 seconds.

However, I did one thing to change it and so far for the last few hours I've had no freezing issues. I don't know if it's just a coincidence why I'm having no freezing issues but we'll see for now. What I did was change the display aspect ratio from 1080i to 720p. So far so good, we'll see how it goes.

wookie
Resident
Still having a problem. I'm not going to lower my picture quality because
of their inability to fix this. I have had this problem from nine months to
a year. It will be fine for one or two days and then act up again.
Yesterday it was pixilating and freezing off and on all day, plus it
rebooted itself three times. The last one when I was watching a ppv movie.
My solution now is to text the technician each time it happens as well as
emailing the so called follow up people. I also save all communications.
People are supposed to come, doesn't show up. (line man).

Kenneth McFadden
Community Power User
Community Power User

I hard wired mine never had an issue. The hour in the attic fishing walls is worth no headaches in the long run. Telus installer had a cake walk install that day. 5 min on the pole, couple min in the box. An setup everything. He was gone in 30 min.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.