optik tv internet speed

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I just got OPTIK TV installed with internet 15 .

I have tried to download from 3 different websites and they are downloading at 1.9 MB/s . I should be getting better than that ...

I contacted tech support and chat but no satisfactory answer . I am definitely capped at exactly 2.0 MB/s ... but nobody knows why .

If I go to speedtest.net , it shows 16 MB/s .

But if I try to download anything , it is always 2.0 MB/s . Something doesn't make sense .

Anybody know anything about this ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar
Highlighted
Neighbour

oh man i feel very stupid now . I thought i was getting 10x faster internet . lol It is actually only little better than before .

ok , thanks for clearing that up .

Highlighted
Neighbour

I should also add that I went through 4 tech support people at TELUS and none of them were able to explain that to me .

Community Power User
Community Power User

@bboirav wrote:

I should also add that I went through 4 tech support people at TELUS and none of them were able to explain that to me .

The Tech support folks will usually stop with your SpeedTest numbers, if you provide them, as in many cases websites can be slow for a number of reasons outside their control.

Don't beat yourself up too much - some folks have trouble understanding decimal points

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"