optic tv

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar
I am new to Telus optic TV and I love it,I kept my shaw direct hooked up to see the difference in pictures and I have to say optic is as good if not better,so I called shaw to cancel my services and they put me on hold for an hour maybe thinking I would change my mind,so for the hell of it I ask if they would give me a PVR for free and I would keep my sevices with them and give it to my sister and they said they had a deal just for me and it was 149$,I had my tablet right beside me and looked up and thats a everyday sale so I said to just cancel and again another transfer for a hour thinking I might change my mind and I said I'm done with your guys bs and just cancel my services, it took 2hrs but they did finally and I am very happy with optic TV and internet, I'm on 25mbps and I almost get 30,now that's good service and Telus customer service is great

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Rockstar
Ya I have four TV running and security system runs off WiFi,two tablets, two computers and no I did not have a shaw contract,they called me yesterday and said they would give PVR for 49$ and I said already have new service, shaw doesn't have internet in my city and I like I get one bill and Telus costumer service is great.might just switch my cell phone to Telus to.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I too have come to the same conclusion with image quality.  It's the TV... not the provider.  Get a good premium TV (calibration & refresh rate) and the service is identical.  BTW... is your Optik set to 1080?  I know my installer left it at 720p.

Be careful with their offers.  You likely get locked into multi-year plans.  Once you commit, it's expensive to get out.  You might get stuck with paying for both.

One of the biggest change with canceling shaw for me is to request to be removed from their phone lists.  I told them if I get one stupid marketing call in the next 3 years, I'm not coming back.

Now that you are a Telus customer, do explore/consider the following features....

Most Helpful
Rockstar
Ya I have four TV running and security system runs off WiFi,two tablets, two computers and no I did not have a shaw contract,they called me yesterday and said they would give PVR for 49$ and I said already have new service, shaw doesn't have internet in my city and I like I get one bill and Telus costumer service is great.might just switch my cell phone to Telus to.

View solution in original post