optic TV and internet

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar
What is the difference between the v1000 router and the t1200 router??is there a big difference?is the 1200 dual band?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar
Thankyou for your help,i have fiber to house and live in city,new home 1yr old,any preference to witch I should get,I'm on 25mbps but might upgrade to 50mbps,should I stick with the t1200 or should I get the 2200,I have the 1000 right now and am happy with it but I am adding 1 more receiver,witch makes 4 in the house and 2 tables,1 computer and one laptop the wife uses for school homework any preference..

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi rayrayj,

That's a good question, there are some minor differences, such as a more User friendly gui.

The T1200 router is not dual band though, it simply has 2 antennas just like the V1000.

Thanks.

Hope this helps.

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.
Highlighted
Rockstar
I no your a tech and you still want to sell the 1000,but my question is what does it do that my 1000 can't do,and what is the difference between the 1200 and 2200?
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi rayrayj

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I can tell you that at the moment the only differences are the following:

- High Speed 100mbps (depends on the availability in your area)

- The ability to watch 4 HD channels at the same time (coming soon)

Besides these 2 capabilities, there is nothing else that the T1200 can perform that the V1000 can't do.

Thanks

Hope this helps.

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
Highlighted
Rockstar
Thank you,whats the difference between the 1200 and 2200?
Highlighted
Advocate

Hi rayrayj,

The only difference between the T1200 and the T2200, is that the T2200 is a loop bonded modem, which is needed for people who want High speed internet and/or Optik TV and who might live in an area where a single bonded modem, such as the T1200 or the V1000 might not fulfill.

A t2200 modem can provide service through 2 phones lines instead of just one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Rockstar
Thankyou for your help,i have fiber to house and live in city,new home 1yr old,any preference to witch I should get,I'm on 25mbps but might upgrade to 50mbps,should I stick with the t1200 or should I get the 2200,I have the 1000 right now and am happy with it but I am adding 1 more receiver,witch makes 4 in the house and 2 tables,1 computer and one laptop the wife uses for school homework any preference..

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate

Hi

I'm happy to hear that you want to upgrade and take advantage of Telus's products and services.

To answer your question, it's best to speak to a Representative at Telus, the reason why is because it's impossible for me to determine your availability through this forum. While one of our reps on the phone will be able to get those answers for you right away and answer anything else that you have a concern about also.

Again it all depends on availability, I can't make any guarantees just on what you are telling me at the moment.

Our number is 310-2255.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Highlighted
Rockstar
Thank you for your help..
Highlighted
Rockstar

@rayrayj wrote:
 have fiber to house
,should I stick with the t1200 or should I get the 2200,I have the 1000 right now and am happy with it but I am adding 1 more receiver,witch makes 4 in the house and 2 tables,1 computer and one laptop the wife uses for school homework any preference..

fibre to the home will just use the Ethernet WAN port on the Actiontec, so the only gateway needed is the T1200H or old V1000H.

You can call Telus to request the T1200H, for better Telus router performance(modem portion is not used on fibre) and as a side, you can ask for the 4HD stream package.

That new 4HD package is for new Optik users, those that move their service(reinstall) and needs the T1200H/T2200H for the stream capacity.  Local hardware qualifications will also need to be met. Existing users can call in to Request 4HD if available in their area.

4HD streams also require the newer Telus TV box hardware. Plus a Tech visit to ensure quality control of service changes.

ISB7105(wireless/ethernet TV box).  ISB7150(PVR).

Highlighted
Rockstar
So your saying the t1200 can't be used on fiber??
Highlighted
Rockstar
Thankyou for info
Highlighted
Rockstar

@rayrayj wrote:
So your saying the t1200 can't be used on fiber??

T1200H can be used on fibre.   No need for the loop bonding T2200H. The only difference is the second Phone line port, which slightly increases the cost of the T2200H hardware to Telus.

The gateways that DSL ISP's now use, have the ability to be used with copper and with fibre.

There are two WAN ports. Only one will be in use at a time.

One for phone line(copper, which requires the modem capability).

One for Ethernet(Optical Network Terminal, which is the modem), which does not need the modem capability and only uses the router capability of the T1200H/V1000H.

Technical stuff........

With Fiber to the home, you can use your own router. Real easy with just a internet subscription. Once you add TV, you can use your own router(and no Actiontec), provided you know how to manage the multicast traffic of the Optik TV.

Another way is to put a network switch at the ONT, then you add you own router for internet, while using the Actiontec for Optik TV.  Telus will provide 2 IP address, resulting in two networks that don't see each other.