cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netflix with a VSG1432

apperloo
Just Moved In

Hi, I just want to confirm I will be able to stream Netflix with  Apple tv or WD Live with ethernet plugged directly into the Telus vsg1432 modem (telus turbo)

I have a hi-end bluray player that seems to hang up on the gathering titles screen, and donot want the same issue on either of the above units.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1

Berzelius
Connector

There should not be any issues with your devices being connected via Ethernet to the Zyxel Gateway. of course, there won't be a QoS giving prority to the Netflix Stream, so heavy internet usage (at same time as watching Netflix) could impact the stream ...

Typical Netflix bandwidth usage : (since 2011) :

Netflix Canada subscribers can choose from three settings, Good (0.3GB per hour), Better (0.7GB per hour) and Best (up to 1GB per hour, or 2.3GB per hour for HD). For you more geeky readers, here’s a breakdown of the data streaming rates for each setting:

• Good – limits video/audio to 625 kbps/64 kbps
  • Better - limits video/audio to a maximum of 1300 kbps/192 kpbs
  • Best – (the old setting) uses any of the video/audio rates available. The highest quality files are 4800 kbps (for 1080p HD video) and 384 kbps audio (for 5.1 audio). However, the effective video/audio upper limit for non-HD content is 2200 kbps/192 kbps.

Yves
Member of the Telus team
Assure FFH (Internet & IPTV Tech support)