Did you mean: 

loss of signal during pvr playback

Irishgranny
Leader

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the PVR connected to the modem by a coax cable or ethernet? 

CIS430 Back Panel

If it is ethernet, it could either be a bad connection (or a network switch if one was installed), or a bad PVR (you'll lose all recordings if replaced). Usually if it's coax, there is something between the modem and the box that's affecting it. Typically a bad coax cable, either inside or outside of the wall.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the screen is going blank only on recorded content, or on live TV as well?

Is it just recordings from certain channels?

Does it happpen all the time?

Do you have a 2nd box? If yes, does it have the same issue?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Screen will go blank on either recorded or live programming....Does not happen on other 2 boxes only PVR main one....

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is the PVR connected to the modem by a coax cable or ethernet? 

CIS430 Back Panel

If it is ethernet, it could either be a bad connection (or a network switch if one was installed), or a bad PVR (you'll lose all recordings if replaced). Usually if it's coax, there is something between the modem and the box that's affecting it. Typically a bad coax cable, either inside or outside of the wall.

Think I probably need a new PVR...but will wait until I catch up on my recorded shows before phoning Customer Service.   Thanks for the advice.