cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do you cancel a TV contract when the person passed away

a6a89757
Just Moved In

I am the excutor for my father's estate who passed away in Oct 2013. I wrote a letter to TELUS in Oct 2013 asking them to cancel the contract but have not received any reply from them.

Today I received a TELUS bill for the month of November with the name of the account changed to "the Estate of ..." and the address changed to my home address. I guess this means that the contract has not been cancelled yet and I am still paying for the service which is not being used .

I am trying but failed to find out from this website where I can return the digital box and the modem before they will cancel the contract. I have given up hope trying to call TELUS on the phone.

Can somebody please let me know where can I return the devices and to cancel the contract? Thank you for your advice and help.

2 REPLIES 2

Hippo
Leader

Hi,

Here is a link with information on how to return your equipment: http://telus.com/content/help/billing/article.jsp?categoryId=how-to&articleId=return-equipment

To cancel the account, you would need to speak with the Loyalty and Retention department at 310-6988 and select option #3 to cancel.

Thank you for the info.