cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free tV

lynnrobinson
Just Moved In

i have heard telus gives a free tv is you get cable internet and telephone....

IS THERE A CONTRACT INVOLVED....

PLEASE TELL ME THE DETAILS

I HAVE ALREADY TAKED WITH SHAW AND WANT TO COMPARE BEFORE I CHOOSE

3 REPLIES 3

Hippo
Leader

Hi, Lynn,

Here is the link to the Website that would provide you with more details regarding the Free TV offer: https://www.telus.com/en/ab/deals/free-tv/?INTCMP=BetaTvFreeTV

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Some thoughts...

• Does anyone know the make and model of the LG TV?  LG typically makes entry stuff compared to other brands.  What is the refresh rate? Does it do 3D?
  • do you really want an LG TV, when you visit the store do you find other brands offer a better image
  • if you skip the TV offer, I believe there's a discount.

I recently went through the same decision between Shaw and Telus... I choose Telus for the flexibility

• Shaw offers wifi zones.  There is no Shaw wifi near my home, nor near where I work.  The Shaw wifi is public, so it's open to data eavesdropping.  Do you have a Telus phone? I do and found I get an additional $5 discount to bundle my phone too.  With Telus cellular I have safe secure mobile internet at work, on the bus, or waiting at the bus stop... something that Shaw cannot offer.  Are there Shaw sites outside of Canada?  Are there Shaw sites outside of urban centres?  There's Telus coverage.
  • While Shaw offers a slightly higher Mbps in image quality, I could not tell the difference.  Perhaps having a quality TV makes up for it.
  • Shaw reps often say Telus is 720... I see 1080 on my Telus service.  It's a option setting if you want to stay with 720.
  • Shaw uses cable broadband... Telus is ADSL/VDSL.  Cable broadband is shared with neighbors and can see performance issues in the evening when everyone is on the internet.
  • How many TV's do you have?  If you plan to have more than one... consider Telus wireless cable boxes.  For each Shaw TV, you need to run a coaxial cable for each of them.  I believe the installer will need to drill holes into your home for each TV installation.  Telus offers an optional wireless cable box for it's installs.  You can have your additional TV's in any room that has a 120v outlet... even the garage or backyard with a long extension cord.  Got an old TV?  Just get a second or third cable box and you suddenly you have a spare TV to watch something else when the main TV is busy.  The wireless cable boxes is the biggest reason I choose Optik to avoid holes punched into my heritage home walls.
  • do you have a smartphone or tablet?  Telus has an Optik to Go app that allows you to watch live content in the house or outside the house.

One last tip.... consider getting your TV calibrated for best results.

bettythorsen
Just Moved In

3 year contract for the tv