cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dose optic TV have full screen programming? You know when moves only show just over 1/2 screen.

rats
Neighbour

You supply optic TV. If I sign up will I see full screen viewing on all channels? (movies)?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus does not supply ANY programming. Cable/IPTV providers (Telus/Shaw/Bell/Rogers etc) all just relay the image and sound broadcast by the individual channels or broadcasters.

Telus does have a lot of HD channels but if one of those channels decides to show an older movie that was formatted for SD/4:3, there will be bars on the sides. Alternatively if one of the SD channels broadcasts anything with a 16:9 ratio, there will be bars on all four sides. This is something beyond the control of any cable/IPTV company.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Doug1Ames1
Ambassador

Telus just delivers the picture from the broadcaster. You would have to ask the operators of the movie channel you are planning to watch whether they zoom the picture to fill a 16:9 screen if the original is wider.

rats
Neighbour

Question 1 does telus optic supply full screen programing yes or no. 16:9 

rats
Neighbour

how supplys the sound

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus does not supply ANY programming. Cable/IPTV providers (Telus/Shaw/Bell/Rogers etc) all just relay the image and sound broadcast by the individual channels or broadcasters.

Telus does have a lot of HD channels but if one of those channels decides to show an older movie that was formatted for SD/4:3, there will be bars on the sides. Alternatively if one of the SD channels broadcasts anything with a 16:9 ratio, there will be bars on all four sides. This is something beyond the control of any cable/IPTV company.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I  prefer  to see  movies  in  letterbox  and  Video  on  Demand  shows  the  full  image  with  top/bottom  borders.

Movie  Central  appears  to  crop  the  screen  to  16:9.   I  hate  this.

With  regards  to  sound...  the  Optik  box  offers  5.1  surround.   Do  you  have  surround  audio?