cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WildTV recordings start 10-25 minutes early; audio/video freezes

Bill_K
Just Moved In

Hi folks.

For the three weeks or so I've noticed that all of my recordings on WildTV start 10-25 minutes early, which means I miss the last 10-25 minutes of every recorded show.  In addition, the audio/video on WildTV seems jittery, with frequent interruptions.

I've restarted my PVR by unplugging it from the power source, deleted and re-entered my scheduled recordings, but no luck.  I have more than 90% space availability on my PVR - yes I checked - so that's not the issue. 

Recordings on other channels seem to start and stop on time and the audio/video seems fine, so the problem seems to be restricted to WildTV. 

Suggestions?  Thanks!

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you go to WildTV itself just to watch it without recording, do the shows appear to start on schedule? If for some reason they aren't, that could be part of the issue. The PVR will typically record based on the times shown on the Guide. If the video quality on that channel specifically is questionable, it may not be a bad idea to call Telus and have them check into it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you go to WildTV itself just to watch it without recording, do the shows appear to start on schedule? If for some reason they aren't, that could be part of the issue. The PVR will typically record based on the times shown on the Guide. If the video quality on that channel specifically is questionable, it may not be a bad idea to call Telus and have them check into it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Bill_K
Just Moved In

Huh.  Well, I am flummoxed.

I did as you suggested, and:

• watching "live", the shows on WildTV start on time according to the TV and my mobile phone; the video and audio quality are excellent
  • today's recordings seem to have recorded normally; I can see them in their entirety and the quality of the video and audio are excellent

I have no explanation but will continue to monitor.

Thanks for your reply, Nighthawk!

Bill