cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the optik cable box so hard to turn on and get going?

Travismcb
Neighbour

Everyone I turn on my TV it's like a 5 minute fight with the Optik box to get it to work, keeps saying initializing then goes black and it says no input? Since day one of switching to telus I've had to fight with this box. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Guardian

That is certainly not normal. Could be a hardware or installation problem. Have you contacted telus customer service? They can try to diagnose from their end. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

xray
Guardian

That is certainly not normal. Could be a hardware or installation problem. Have you contacted telus customer service? They can try to diagnose from their end. 

Upcraft
Ambassador

Are you cutting power to the optik box with some kind of external switch, "green" powerbar, switched UPS etc.  Sounds like something is causing power to the box to be reset causing it to reboot.  Try bypassing any fancy power saving powerbars and go direct to the wall outlet or other constant un-switched power source.

xray
Guardian

Good point @Upcraft, many new to Optik don't realise the boxes never actually turn off. The boxes need to be powered even in "off" mode because it's just the display signal that gets turned off, the rest of the box needs to stays on.

Travismcb
Neighbour

Thanks guys, I called a telus they did a remote software upgrade and the problem seems to be fixed.  THANKS AGAIN! 

xray
Guardian

Good to hear that the problem has been resolved. Reporting back with the solution will help others having the same symptoms. Thanks.