cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Favourites been moved off the 'root' level in the new design of the Optik TV Menu?

Edohotep
Neighbour

I'm not particularly liking the new menu design on Optik; To access my customized 'favourites' sub menus it takes three clicks to get there whereas in the previous version I can get to them in one. Is there any way to move that option back up to root level? In what I was taught in graphic design school, not everyone has the patience to dig into sub menus to get to what they want.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I choose 'Menu' and favourites shows in the first menu, two steps down. Is your setup different?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Edohotep
Neighbour

Yes. I have to click on "live tv" to get to it. And have to click two more times to get to my personalized lists.

Telus_Tech
Advocate

Hello everyone

Telus has released a new firmware for the optik tv boxes, it will be rolled out gradually in different areas, and you will also notice some improvements in different areas.

If you like this post, please click the "like" button.

For more assistance, you may contact us at www.telus.com/chat

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We'd like some IDEAS to actually be implement but that never seems to matter and get's lost in all the usual clutter.

Be nice if you finally upgraded to the mediafirst platform that has been in testing a long time. An get OPTIK tv into the future.

Edohotep
Neighbour

I think it would be a good idea to allow users to opt into the new firmware than to automatically have it done. IMO, the previous layout is slick and well laid out for 16:9 screens. This new one seems to run slower, (feels like windows 8 in layout) especially when I'm trying to search and the input letters -- lots of lag like there is a buffering problem. Unplugging the device to flush to box's internal cache does not seem to help. I'm tempted to go buy a refurbished box and phone in a request to not have any system updates sent to it after inquiring with tech support if that can be done.