cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't the Telus programming Guide show the forthcoming Dr. Who episodes?

Phantor48
Friendly Neighbour

BBC America says their Dr. Who program is carried by the Space Channel in North America. The Space Channel web site itself says Dr. Who will be airing starting this Saturday (19th) at 7:00 pm MDT. So why is the Telus Guide still showing "To Be Announced" in that time slot of the Space Channel (392) on both the 19th and 26th?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly because the supplier of TV Guide information to Telus has not updated the information yet?

It is very likely that Telus purchases the Guide info, rather than creating it themselves, so it is up to the channel, or the producer of the guide to complete the update. 

At least you are aware of when to watch or record this program. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Possibly because the supplier of TV Guide information to Telus has not updated the information yet?

It is very likely that Telus purchases the Guide info, rather than creating it themselves, so it is up to the channel, or the producer of the guide to complete the update. 

At least you are aware of when to watch or record this program. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

I've been monitoring it for the past week for the same reason and it seems the Space channel has left out the Saturday evening guide info. There is info after that. I just set a recording for the corresponding time slot regardless. 

Phantor48
Friendly Neighbour

Phantor48
Friendly Neighbour

xray, that's what I did, too, in case the Space Channel didn't supply the information in time. But I see that yesterday they finally got their act together and are reporting Dr. Who.  🙂

xray
Hero

I see that all the time slots with missing info are now all filled with Doctor Who. I suspect that they were planning a day of Doctor Who and hadn't finalized the episodes until now.