cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Telus PVR lose all recordings every few months?

CCBC1
Just Moved In
We make sure our pvr storage never goes above 50%. I am wondering if taping the same program on two different channels at the same time could cause it to crash. Or do I just need a new PVR?

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That's unusual behavior and I've had my PVR at 85% before. Possibly a new PVR is needed, though you'd lose anything recorded on it currently. I've never tried taping the same program on 2 channels at the same time.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Telus_Tech
Advocate

@CCBC1

Hi,

I recommend you try rebooting your PVR first, simply unplug the power cable, wait ten seconds, and then plug it back in.

And if the issue still persists, try doing a soft reset (your recordings won't be deleted by doing this). 

It's similar to a reboot, except you do it 3 times in a row, so unplug the power cable and plug it back it, and you unplug it when you see the 3 gray dots on your tv screen.

If you like this post, please click the "like" button.

For more assistance, you may contact us at www.telus.com/chat

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Rebooting the PVR will not solve missing recordings. The soft reset *might* help if it reloads the operating system (hard reset) but it's doubtful. The root problem is not common and seems to be software related.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂