Why do you keep updating my Customized Guide with OnDemand Content?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

JimC
Just Moved In

TELUS, I'm really tired of you updating my guide with your advertising for OnDemand content. I have meticulously gone through the "Customize your Guide", removed all the channels I don't get and those I don't care to see, but every few days you add more OnDemand content back into it. Stop. It's irritating, and I really don't need to find my 7 year old watching "Free Game of Thrones Season 1 on Demand"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You're not the only one.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
MST3K
Neighbour

I would like to echo JimC's comments.  This week we have pitches for "Rent Star Wars today" scattered across the dial...

98, 198, 298, 398, 498, 597, 698, 798, 898, 999 and 105

Telus - I DO know where the OnDemand button is on my remote.  I'm sure other people do too...  No need for this overkill.  Thanks for understanding.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is annoying. If they want to flog the latest garbage have ONE channel only quit adding moving them around. I for one couldn't care less what's new for movies etc. Even purchasing movies on telus is an outright ripoff, even more so what happens when you leave telus. Surely you won't be able to download a copy you paid for. Kind of like when your internet goes out the pvr becomes useless, because it can't call home to telus servers to authorize the content..

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What's worse is that I've shut off those channels in the guide settings multiple times. Especially the low 100's. They keep coming back.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

OK, it got much worse. Apparently Star Wars is on VOD and they added 7 or 8 new channels to advertise it... A few of which I've previously disabled in the settings, but they're back now...

schatze
Just Moved In

Holy crap this is driving me nuts lately! Re-customizing my guide channels is turning into a daily chore because of these VOD ad channels popping up all the time.

STOP IT!

Just one more little reason to cut the cable...

MST3K
Neighbour

A few updates:

More Unwanted Promotions for Telus ONDEMAND Service

I am finding more unwanted channels today (more promos for Telus ONDEMAND).  This includes one channel (#108) that I have REPEATEDLY tuned out over the past months.

Channel

Name

Comments

ONDEMAND

Rent Deadpool now.

ONDEMAND

Promo for "UFC 198 Werdum vs Miocic, May 14" (but today is May 15th)

ONDEMAND

Rent Deadpool today.

ONDEMAND

Promo for "UFC 198 Werdum vs Miocic, May 14" (but today is May 15th)

Remnants of Channels that Had Been in Free Preview

These are channels that had been in FREE PREVIEW but which are no longer in free preview.  Now, when you land on these channels, you're instructed to "Change channels to view other programming."

COTTHD

Change channels to view other programming

UNIVIHD

Change channels to view other programming

Telus has blessed us with the privilege of watching these free previews (I never watched either of them) but is leaving it up to us to clean up after their mess.  Telus pops these channels up; but it's up to us to remove them - is that appropriate?  I don't think so.  I say this:  "Telus  - clean up your own mess!"

Complaining to Telus

I will just let you know that I have been communicating with Telus about these issues but have not yet (apparently) been able to speak with anybody who's in a position to be able to speak authoritatively on behalf of Telus / affect the situation.

So far I've spoken with two front line staff members, two escalation managers, and am presently in contact with "Thomas" a member of the Executive Customer Relations Team.  Unfortunately, this person is in Montreal (a place where Telus OptikTV is not actually offered).  So, I'm not certain he's absolutely clear about WHAT the issue is or WHY it's such a concern.  In speaking with the two Escalation Managers, both ended the conversation with comments to the effect "Not sure what I can do about this..." (I am absolutely incredulous about their apparent lack of empowerment).

Anyway, I would encourage people to continue to express their dissatisfaction here; I will make sure Thomas is aware of this thread.  I'd suggest calling Telus as well.  Warning:  it'll take some persistence to escalate past the unempowered first & second level front line staff and a bit of patience.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The front line workers won't have any real say in dealing with this and most likely won't understand since a lot of the workforce is outside of AB/BC. The poor front line people in the call centers are likely going to take the brunt of the customer frustration, and it's not fair to them.

If you are talking to the Executive team, from what I've heard, that's as high up as it can get. Ask Thomas if there's a correct place for other customers to offer feedback on this issue rather than going the long way through the front lines.

MST3K
Neighbour

I received a follow up call from Telus.

I have been advised to setup a Favorites List and use it rather than the Customize your Guide feature.