What 4K programming?

Peemoeller
Connector
Have a 4K TV, 4K Arris Optik VIP5662W box & 4K HDMI cable and understand there are only the TSN 905 & Ambient 26 channels... but why don't I see any Telus 4K movie rentals showing up anywhere? Also has anyone using the Netflix 4K subscription, with the Telus app actually seen any programming in 4K? Thanks!
Community Power User
Community Power User
Actual 4K content is still very scarce. As it's in its infancy. Currently Telus has a few channels that offer 4K content and some on demand programming.

As for Netflix 4k content you must be subscribed to the $11.99/month Netflix plan that enables UHD. Unless you signed up to a 2 year contract with Telus, details on the promo at https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/new/apps/netflix

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Peemoeller,  as @WestCoasterBC said, 4K is quite new. We are constantly looking to expand our 4K content

Peemoeller
Connector
But I can't actually see any Telus on demand content in 4K. Is there any? I can see 3D content, but nothing in 4K.

Can someone give me an example ie. movie title and where you show it?
Community Power User
Community Power User
Click on the on demand button. Under the "featured" section select right on the remote and scroll down to the "4K" section.

There are a bunch of discovery 4k videos. "A night on earth Africa, Ancient Angkor, Close Encounters" etc

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Most Helpful
Peemoeller
Connector
Update... I phoned Telus to ensure the 4K channel 26 was added as part of my programming. It wasn't, but she activated it. Works and looks good. But wait! Now in On Demand under Featured, I scroll down and voila! There's entire dedicated section of 4K movies and content. Somehow by adding channel 26 it modified/changed my On Demand content. Wierd stuff. But all good now.
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Thanks a lot for the update @Peemoeller. Sorry that it took awhile but I'm glad to hear it's sorted now. Enjoy that 4K goodness and look forward to more content as time goes by Smiley Happy