cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Control - watchoptik.telus.com

Exhile
Ambassador

I would think Telus would know that their customers or technological progression would allow the ability to change the volume on the web browser while watching TV programs on their Internet device, computer etc... Presently this option is not available on any web browser when on watchoptik.telus.com. The only way to increase or decrease the volume is by changing the main volume control which I find tedious.

Anyhow, the reason I'd like this capability is because I watch more than 2+ TV program channels on my computer as seen on the screen shot below.

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Individual browser volume control works for me. Both on Windows 7 and 10. Not having controls on the video feed in the browser may just be a feature they'll bring later.

1. Right click the sound icon on the task bar.
  2. Select "Open Volume mixer"
    1-openmix.jpg
  3. Adjust volume as desired:
    2-Mixer.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Individual browser volume control works for me. Both on Windows 7 and 10. Not having controls on the video feed in the browser may just be a feature they'll bring later.

1. Right click the sound icon on the task bar.
  2. Select "Open Volume mixer"
    1-openmix.jpg
  3. Adjust volume as desired:
    2-Mixer.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

I was more thinking of some volume control as now.sportsnet.ca has on the bottom left corner marked in red.

Untitled1.jpg

The watchoptik.telus.com window has close captioning but no volume control.

Untitled.jpg

However, your method of adjusting the volume control using the "volume mixer" will do.

I want to watch 2 games on the computer so I open 2 browsers on 2 monitors. The Windows volume mixer only has one control for both browsers. It's all (blended) or nothing. I want to mute one and be able switch back and forth. That can only be done if there are volume controls per browser player.

Every other browser video player has volume controls so it's not a technical hurdle.

The only way to get it to work is if I use Chrome and Edge which gives me a volume mixer for each. Still very awkward to switch back and forth. A browser player based volume control is much better.

Surprise! This is one area where Edge is better than Chrome.

If I open 2 Edge browsers each has a volume control right on the tab that I can mute. Still not a proper volume control though.

EdgeTabVolume.png