Useless Recordings

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Friendly Neighbour

I am sick of going to my recorded shows only to find them completely pixelated with random audio.

I'm running the main PVR via Cat6, with 2 wireless boxes only installed a couple months ago.

Is this a firmware issue?

Is this a bandwidth issue?

is this a Hardware issue?

Most recordings are set for times when there isn't even any active tv watching happening, and only one show recording at a time.   I usually have no issues watching tv live, but 50% my of recordings end up getting deleted because they're unwatchable...   what's the point?

Please help.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

What did tech support say when you called them to investigate?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Rockstar

With regular TV watching OK and only the PVR recording is pixelating, May be a bad PVR.

Telus has their newest PVR, the ISB7150. 

Secondary, Telus has a new Gateway. The T1200H. T2200H for bonded line service(50Mbps/100Mbps on non-fibre).

Call up and ask for some equipment exchanges.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Agreed.  It is an ISB7150, but may be a bunk unit.

Current gateway is a V2000H for the 25...  the most in my area.

Would these new gateways allow bridge mode? 

I'll get on the horn tomorrow and try to wrangle some new gear.

Thanks for the insight, and quick replies.

Highlighted
Rockstar

@jumpship wrote:

Current gateway is a V2000H for the 25...  the most in my area.

Would these new gateways allow bridge mode? 

New gateways have 'port1 bridge' mode. 

A V2000H is for bonded lines. Or are you one of those few who has a bonded-25? The V2000H, it should do a fallback to operate with just one phone line pair. Does happen on bonded lines where one pair will go bad/fail and the user goes to 25mbps from their bonded 50Mbps.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I guess I'm one of the few (good or bad thing?).  Installer claimed that I was getting 2 x 12.5's to make my 25.  I smiled and nodded and thought nothing more of it.

I typically get 24 down, and about 2 up.  But sometimes it will crap out down to 8.  I guess that would be a result of one pair soiling the sheets.

Just did some reading up on the 2200, and it looks like most people are fairly problem free and happy as hell running their own gear through the bridge port...  as I would be.