cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used hd receivers

Ringmaster
Neighbour

Hi

I have bought a hd pvr from London drugs for $59.99 however I have 3 tvs. 

So I was thinking of buying 2 used hd receivers from my neighbor. I know London Drugs has them on sale for $39.99 each however he is offering $20 for both. Would telus activate them? 

Thanks Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Telus_Tech
Advocate

@ Ringmaster

That is true for the box that you purchase from London Drugs, I can't say the same for the used boxes, but if a tech is coming out to install all of them at the same time, I don't see any reason why they would charge you.

And if they said it, then we shall go with that, and assume it's waived.

Hope this helps.

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat
If you like the comment, please click on the Kudos button.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If your connection supports additional boxes, yes it is possible to get them activated. Make sure they are connected correctly or they may send an installer out and there could be a possible cost from that.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Ringmaster
Neighbour

Telus is coming Oct 5th to do the installation 

Sweet! Happy watching! 🙂 

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

One PVR can run 4 TV's at my place. One hard wired and 3 on the wireless boxes.

Are we talking about the same Optik PVR?

Ringmaster
Neighbour

Hey how do i check there are no outstanding charges to the boxes??? I know bell cared about that not sure if telus does.

Telus_Tech
Advocate

@ RingMaster

Telus would activate the old hd receivers. There may be a charge for installing them at your place, your best bet is to call customer service and confirm with them.

Hope this helps

For more info or to chat with one of our support reps please visit us at: www.telus.com/chat

Ringmaster
Neighbour

When I signed up they said they would waive the $100 installation fee

Telus_Tech
Advocate

@ Ringmaster

That is true for the box that you purchase from London Drugs, I can't say the same for the used boxes, but if a tech is coming out to install all of them at the same time, I don't see any reason why they would charge you.

And if they said it, then we shall go with that, and assume it's waived.

Hope this helps.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you talk really nice to the tech they tend to swap out the outdated receivers with the new ones for FREE, PVR and HD receivers.