cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade TV equipment due to being a current client

kleinevans
Just Moved In

My contract with Telus home services is up in a month.  I tried to call the loyalty department to sign up for another 2 year contract but they are unable to upgrade my TV equipement to the new Telus TV system with cloud recordings.  According to the agent and their supervisor, the new equipment is only being offered to new clients of Telus and not returning clients!  This seems absurd to me.  I had an offer from shaw, who already offers bluetooth remote controls with voice control that is cheaper than what I am currently paying with Telus.  I mentioned this to the loyalty supervisor, and she said their was nothing she could do.  

Anyone have any recommendations?  Should I just move over to Shaw?

3 REPLIES 3

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

My understanding is that currently the new hardware is only available to new customers. Telus will roll out the new hardware to current customers at a future date.

Some of the features currently available on the existing platform have yet to be migrated to the new system.

If you must have voice control Alexa is an option:

Control Your TV with Amazon Alexa | TELUS

Cloud PVR would be nice to have but a 45 day retention may be an issue for some.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

buckycat
Leader

Unfortunately all telecommunications companies do the same, prioritize new customers.

st0106
Advocate
Why not wait till Cyber Monday?