Turn off Wireless but Keep OptikTV Wireless

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

jrueger
Ambassador

I have the T3200M and my own router and separate wireless AP.  I want to turn off wireless on the T3200M but keep wireless service from the T3200M to the two IPV5050 boxes that Telus supplied.  However when I turn off T3200M wireless it also cuts out wireless service to the IPV5050 boxes.  I could swear that when I first got the T3200M I could "see" separate wireless networks for OptikTV ... but now I can't.  I thought that OptikTV did its bit in the background and was "hardcoded" into the T3200M configuration quite separate from any wireless networks that the customer could configure.  Any help would be appreciated ... thanks.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Turning Wi-Fi off was always an all or none issue.

What is your goal?  You can stop the SSID broadcast, and put a strong password on the Wi-Fi to better secure it. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
jrueger
Ambassador

My goal was to have wireless networks running only on my own equipment and leave the T3200M to handle just Optik TV.  If I need to leave wireless running on the T3200M for the IPV5050 boxes then I'll follow your advice to not broadcast the SSID etc.  Thanks.

Community Power User
Community Power User

I've got the T3200M and my own router both broadcasting SSIDs. No problems for me on either network.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy