cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The amount of on demand channels is ridiculous!

Watino
Connector

Why so many on demand channels? Seems like adding those isn't a problem but adding more HD channels is!!! I find it a complete waste of time and would rather see the addition of more HD channels, maybe people will have difference of opinions but that's just mine! 

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may wish to add your suggestion to the IDEAS section, where it will be seen by the right folks at Telus.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Skiddy
Advocate

IMO many today want to watch what they want when they want, On Demand fills that niche and the program originator keeps its audience - and sometimes its sponsors.

SCo
Ambassador

Not watching TV yet, but isn't it that HD channel comes as part of the package at no extra cost while on demands are extra cost?  So revenue could be one factor?

It is my understanding that On Demand does not add to Internet usage, including Crave TV.

Netflix, however, is considered Internet usage outside of Optik TV.

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/managing-internet-data-usage 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@SCo wrote:

Not watching TV yet, but isn't it that HD channel comes as part of the package at no extra cost while on demands are extra cost?  So revenue could be one factor?

In an attempt to reduce possible confusion, here is my recollection of the on demand offerings:

On demand movies are charged at a rental rate. 

On demand programming such as curated by Crave TV are charged a subscription.

Those regular TV programs available on demand are usually available without an additional fee. Not all TV programs are available on demand, though.

Netflix is considered streaming, and consumes bandwidth. It is not part of your TV package, as you subscribe separately to the service. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"