cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus remote code for NTC TV?

Kiti63
Neighbour

Telus list states it’s 1268, but that doesn’t work. Help desk says oh it’s a new brand so too bad. 
has anyone else had success?  What is telus timeline for fixing it?

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

1268? Do you have the older Optik hardware and remote? Seeing as how the remote code list with 1268 on it is from 2015, that is likely a different NTC entirely than if you bought an NTC TV from the Brick recently. You will likely have to get the remote to do a code search to see if any codes will work. If the manufacturer used a non-standard board that doesn't share codes with any on the list currently, there may be no codes that work.

I've never even heard of NTC before your post so I did some digging. The currently NTC appears to have only been in existence September last year. Their website is totally useless. It has little information other than three Android TV models and three air conditioners. No individual product pages, no specs, no reviews, no company address, details, product documentation, nothing. The "company" is owned by Best Source International Inc which is a wholesaler of re-badged Chinese products.  Same last name on BSI's business records and the domain registration for NTC. Searches keep showing BSI's website as being from Hong Kong.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

1268 is the code Telus gives for the Slimline 2 remote. NTC is available at the Brick right now.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may have the newer equipment. Try 373 or 268.

Thanks but it didn’t work. I have the Slimline 2 remote.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gotcha. I checked the original list for Slimline 2 and it does indeed show me 1268 as well. If that didn't do the trick, you can reach out to our Tech Support team at 1-888-811-2323 so they can look into attempting a manual sync.