cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV Plus App not working on Samsung S22 Ultra

papayankee
Neighbour

I recently upgraded my phone from Samsung Not 9 to Samsung S22 Ultra. When I try to watch any channel on the S22 (running on Android 13), I constantly get the following error message:

"Error - Sorry, an error was encountered. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit Telus.com/telustverrors for more details about error messages." 

They don't even give me a specific error code to look up. I've tried calling Telus but they're saying it's a problem with Samsung and not them?? I find it odd that the app works on an older phone and not a new one. Is anyone running into the same problem and if so, found a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @papayankee, are Youtube videos playing back okay on the new Samsung S22 Ulta? In the past I've heard of playback issues with Android 13, it is a android wide issue, not TELUS TV+ specific. Can you try the following ways or re-installing the app? 

Steps for resolution:

1. Access the Google Play Store from your computer

2. Search for the TELUSTV+ Application

3. Install the application on your device via the web.

4. Initiate start up TELUSTV+ Application

If you are still getting an error, I recommend reaching out to TELUS Twitter Support via DM with your account info as they can look into your account with more details. Such as reviewing backend account settings, as an example. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Optik-Kate
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @papayankee, are Youtube videos playing back okay on the new Samsung S22 Ulta? In the past I've heard of playback issues with Android 13, it is a android wide issue, not TELUS TV+ specific. Can you try the following ways or re-installing the app? 

Steps for resolution:

1. Access the Google Play Store from your computer

2. Search for the TELUSTV+ Application

3. Install the application on your device via the web.

4. Initiate start up TELUSTV+ Application

If you are still getting an error, I recommend reaching out to TELUS Twitter Support via DM with your account info as they can look into your account with more details. Such as reviewing backend account settings, as an example.