Telus OptikTV Wireless often doesn't connect

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

MediumDaddy
Neighbour

Hi,

I have been putting up with my Optik TV in the living room of my apartment not working as I usually am watching Netflix or something else.  But I realized I am paying for it and still on contract so it should work.

My main box is in my bedroom (PVR) and there is a Cisco router/bridge that serves the signal to the wireless Optik TV box in my living room.

Many mornings I turn that TV on only to see the screen saying need to connect the box to the router etc...  basically no connection.  It isn't a long distance, but there are cement walls in my apartment.  It will sometimes have a connection and then later no connection and this continues.

The system I have is maybe 2 years old now, are the newer ones that support the 4K any better for the wireless part?  I will likely call in to Telus when I have time but wanted to check with others who may have the same issue.

Thanks,
Dan.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Cement walls are a problem for Wi-Fi  in many instances. What sort of quality do you see when it is working? Do you have picture loss, etc?

Is there any opportunity to run a wire between the two, or move the Telus gateway to a more central location where a signal is better?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
MediumDaddy
Neighbour

Thanks for reply.  Nope if there was a way to wire them easily I would have done that and skipped wifi from the beginning.

I have other Wifi devices in the same room that work fine using my own better router.  The Cisco device isn't very powerful.

Community Power User
Community Power User

A top quality router may properly address the multicast properties necessary to transmit the Optik Signal. Have you tried substituting your router for theirs for the Wi-Fi transmission to your TV?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"