cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus OptikTV Wireless often doesn't connect

MediumDaddy
Neighbour

Hi,

I have been putting up with my Optik TV in the living room of my apartment not working as I usually am watching Netflix or something else.  But I realized I am paying for it and still on contract so it should work.

My main box is in my bedroom (PVR) and there is a Cisco router/bridge that serves the signal to the wireless Optik TV box in my living room.

Many mornings I turn that TV on only to see the screen saying need to connect the box to the router etc...  basically no connection.  It isn't a long distance, but there are cement walls in my apartment.  It will sometimes have a connection and then later no connection and this continues.

The system I have is maybe 2 years old now, are the newer ones that support the 4K any better for the wireless part?  I will likely call in to Telus when I have time but wanted to check with others who may have the same issue.

Thanks,
Dan.

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Cement walls are a problem for Wi-Fi  in many instances. What sort of quality do you see when it is working? Do you have picture loss, etc?

Is there any opportunity to run a wire between the two, or move the Telus gateway to a more central location where a signal is better?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Thanks for reply.  Nope if there was a way to wire them easily I would have done that and skipped wifi from the beginning.

I have other Wifi devices in the same room that work fine using my own better router.  The Cisco device isn't very powerful.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A top quality router may properly address the multicast properties necessary to transmit the Optik Signal. Have you tried substituting your router for theirs for the Wi-Fi transmission to your TV?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"