cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Optik TV not too smart when it comes to recording sports?

Ingebelle
Neighbour

My husband recorded 3rd round of golf. The game started later than scheduled and the n cut off at the scheduled end. Miss my Bell TV -which figured out when program really ended, especially sports. I know how to set recording so it continues past regularly scheduled end, but I cannot predict if it will go over the regular end time. Can Telus improve their pvr?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Guardian

You can adjust the end time for recordings to go past the scheduled time if you like. I always add an hour for hockey in case it goes into overtime. 

So Bell system automatically knows when overtime, extra holes, extra innings etc. happens? I wonder how they do it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

xray
Guardian

You can adjust the end time for recordings to go past the scheduled time if you like. I always add an hour for hockey in case it goes into overtime. 

So Bell system automatically knows when overtime, extra holes, extra innings etc. happens? I wonder how they do it. 

View solution in original post

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could add your thoughts to the 'Ideas' section. 

As far as I know, the PVR draws the time and channel to record shows from the information supplied by the broadcasters or by the suppliers of the channel guide. I, too, wonder how Bell does the automatic changes you describe!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Bell doesn't automatically record longer lengths. You can set it to go X amount of time past though..

magoo
Just Moved In

magoo
Just Moved In

Yes you can extend the time, go to the MENU,go to RECORDINGS,slide over to ADD RECORDINGS,scroll down to CREATE A MANUAL RECORDING WITH,scroll down to Channel and Time hit OK, Choose channel and start and stop times.Simpler way is hit Guide,recordings,scroll down to Add a recording, and do your thing.