cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV remote won't work

bubba1
Just Moved In

I went to watch TV and the remote is suddenly not working. I can turn the TV on and adjust the volume. No recorded shows, I can't change the channels, no guide. The buttons on the box don't work either. Any ideas? Thank you!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which remote do you have as there are two that are still in use.

Slimline1.jpg

If the Slimline 1 remote, have you tried pressing the Mode button until Optik is selected?

If the Slimline 2 remote, what happens when you press the Green Optik power button on the top right?

Do you have more than 1 Optik box / remote? If yes, does that remote control the box you are having issues with?

Have you removed the batteries at all from the remote?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

What were the results of this issue? I'm having the same problem with my Slimline 2 as well as the Slimline. The Slimline 2 suddenly stopped working. I've tested batteries, reset factory settings and have repaired to TV. All the TV functions work but the remote is not sending signal to the IPV5050 box. None of the buttons for digital box functions work (on/off, guide, On Demand, PVR etc). I've tried another remote and same issue. I'm now fairly certain it's an issue with the IPV box and not the remotes. Please note I've reset the box itself a number of times by unplugging to restart initialization. Still not go. Any suggestions??

I know this is an ancient thread now, but I have the same issue. Was there never a confirmed Telus response or a suggested solution? Super annoying.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@nadiam wrote:
I know this is an ancient thread now, but I have the same issue. Was there never a confirmed Telus response or a suggested solution? Super annoying.

The Original Poster never returned to answer any of the questions asked of him, so the thread has died.

The Neighbourhood is a place for Telus customers to interact. Telus staff participate here on exceedingly rare instances. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Daniel38
Friendly Neighbour

You have to program your Telus remotes manually.

Here are instructions: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/program-slimline-remote