cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming error on Optik on the go

onyxcat
Just Moved In

I was wondering if anyone else had trouble with their Optik on the Go ... I have already tried working with a couple of the Telus help techicians but neither were able to give me any solutions.

I keep getting "Sorry, an error has occured while streaming. Please try again."

I am using the app on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 ... any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I've had no problems watching the Olympics on my Tab 2, nor my iPad.  The only problem is battery life.

Somethings to try....

• distance.... does it fail if you are in the same room as the router?
  • speed.... how fast is your download at the most distance point of your home.  Use this site to analyze your speed... http://rimouski.speedtest.telus.com/
  • interference.... as I said earlier, does Optik to go work better in the same room as the router? Your building materials might be affecting the signal.  I notice I have speed issues in the kitchen when the hood fan is turned on.

onyxcat
Just Moved In

Thanks for the suggestions.

The speed tester is not supported by this device unfortunately =( 

It doesn't matter where I am in the house ... it is only the Optik TV that has the streaming error. I can do youtube, CTV and other things just fine. It seems specifically just the app. It used to work, but since the most recent upgrade, it seems to be having problems on my tablet.

Any other ideas? XD

RastaPete
Just Moved In

Hi there, did you ever get your Optik on the go issues resolved. I am having the same problem. I have spoke to the technical support at Telus, Apple and Microsoft but no one was able to help me resolve the issues.

Peter

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@RastaPete:  What device are you using?