Standard definition channels

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar

I don't no but my standard definition channels look really good quality, I've been watching hardcore pawn on action channel and it looks really good quality on my tv so I tried CTV channel 9101 (gotham)and look's really good to,I think optic tv has really good quality programing,then I thought maybe its just my tv upscaling the tv shows so I went to my daughters tv and it's 1080p and  they looked HD to on her standard definition channels to,I can't compare it to shaw right now but what I remember of shaw's standard definition channels, they didn't look near as good or crisp as they do on optic,I think I'm in love with optic...

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I found the make and model of TV makes a huge difference in SD upscaling when looking at store displays.

Just wondering... how many of us have our Optix boxes set to 1080i or the default 720p?

Highlighted
Ambassador

I have it at 720p because most of the programming originates that way or Telus gets it that way.  

Highlighted
Rockstar

Ya my main tv is a 4k lg 55" la9700 it's 1 and a half years old now and I bought my son a lg ub8500 for Christmas I also have a Samsung f5500 60" plasma in my man cave and I have a lg lb6500 55" in my bedroom,my lg la9700 and my lg lb6500 have about the same picture quality on standard definition, much better then on the plasma so ya it does depend on the tv..

Highlighted
Rockstar

I have all my TVs on 1080p