Sportsnet One Pack - Oilers and Flames

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Hi there! 

I just subscribed to the Sportsnet One Pack this past Thursday to watch Oilers games, and it did work for Thursday nights game against the Blackhawks. My problem is that it didn't work for yesterdays game against Philadelphia Flyers. I couldn't get through to a rep about this on the call center as I waited over an hour and 20 minutes with no one answering (repeatedly said please wait all reps are busy at the moment etc.). Online chat has technical failure everytime I try. Now I'm here hoping someone can explain to me why it didn't work yesterday, or if it only works on specific days? Any help is appreciated πŸ˜ƒ

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

The NHL has blackouts on games and they really annoy people. The Flyers game was one of them with the blackout in Alberta.

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/blackout

nhlblackout.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

The NHL has blackouts on games and they really annoy people. The Flyers game was one of them with the blackout in Alberta.

https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/en/blackout

nhlblackout.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. πŸ™‚

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks so much. Couldn't find info on this, and didn't think I'd have to dig so deep to figure this out. Appreciate it! 

Highlighted
Coach

Each team has to sign off for the games to be on TV.

If the Flames or Oilers do not sign off,then they are not allowed to show the games in your area on TV.

If you check into other countries sports TV stations, you can usually pick up the games over the internet.

For instance,I get the Vegas games over the internet from NBC Sportsnet.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the additional info Pam. I actually have resorted to going online to find games, just wish I didn't have to work so hard to watch Hockey lol. Anyways, thanks again! Can always depend on the community for help πŸ˜ƒ

Highlighted
Coach

The games are shown in many countries,you just have to tap into those stations that stream live over the internet.

This is Pams husband. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Ambassador

In Alberta teh Flyers-Oilers game was on Sportsnet Oilers...

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Any helpful links =)) ??

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

I have sportsnet one pack with oilers/ calgary. Didn't show. You can do... but didn't show up for me lol. 

Highlighted
Coach

I do not pay for any sports packages,but still get all the games.hehehehe