cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote failed to create account

Cinlou
Just Moved In

I have used the smart remote since it started. The other day a tech came out to add an access point and fix the wifi issues. That evening the smart remote would not recognize my email address. I deleted the account and created it again and it worked fine. Today, it asked to create an account again but this time it said “failed to create account”. I rebooted the modem and digital box , used a new email, different digital box  but it isn’t working. 

Does it have something to do with the confirmation code being open for 3 days, a backend problem or what.

how do I fix this without calling telus for the 5th time in 2 months to fix all the issueswe are having. 

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus released a new version of Optik on the Go yesterday, and at least one person i know has problems at login. I wonder if your issue is due to the same back end changes, rather than the equipment replaced during the tech visit. 

A call may be the only step to take, but it may not immediately correct the issue, if coding changes are needed.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"