cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline Remote won't Control TV

Porcupine
Just Moved In
Tried repeatedly to program my new Samsung tv on the remote. It seems to work; the remote switches off the tv and I press ok, the red light flashes twice as per instructions. Then the remote will not switch the tv back on. What's the solution?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jeff_E
Neighbour

Field technician here. Samsung has several different models of TVs that have similar codes. As with any brand of TV, some codes will work better than others. Each time you program the "18" code into the remote, it will move to the next Samsung model. I sometimes find by doing this that I can get extra functionality such as the "Input" to work properly. If you have no luck at all, you can factory reset your remote and start over by changing the mode to "TV", holding down "Options" and pressing "1000". The Optik light will flash twice after doing this and you can start anew.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SeaOtter
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there, were you using the automatic programming (where it searches for your TV) or with the code provided from the programming guide?

tynchu
Helpful Neighbour

Can you provide the TV model?

Jeff_E
Neighbour

Field technician here. Samsung has several different models of TVs that have similar codes. As with any brand of TV, some codes will work better than others. Each time you program the "18" code into the remote, it will move to the next Samsung model. I sometimes find by doing this that I can get extra functionality such as the "Input" to work properly. If you have no luck at all, you can factory reset your remote and start over by changing the mode to "TV", holding down "Options" and pressing "1000". The Optik light will flash twice after doing this and you can start anew.

Thank you field technician! I keep trying so maybe this will work eventually by putting in 18 enough times.
Cheers.