cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline Remote 2 can't use volume

Doe
Friendly Neighbour
We were able to program our Slimline 2 Remote to turn power on/off for our Sony TV. However, the volume function does not work. We have tried and retried several times with no success.
6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, volume can be controlled through either the PVR or the TV with the remote. Our SONY works fully with the Slimline2 remote, including volume, but our Fluid TV does not. Volume and on/off on the TV is controlled by the TV remote, but volume can also be adjusted through the wireless receiver.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Doe
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for your help. I agree it should work automatically when the remote is programmed.

How do I adjust through the wireless receiver?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

So far as I can tell, if no code is set / is working for the TV, it defaults to controlling the volume through the wireless box. You of course have to turn the volume on the TV itself high enough for the speaker to work.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I another one who has the Slim2 working OK with a Sony TV.

@Doe.... which Sony Model do you have?

ya, i have a 32 LCD Sony tv from 2010 summer and my power for the tv on the remote is not working with a brand new 330!

Cafekief, you've been advised many many times, if you are having problems programming your remotes, call Telus. It also has absolutely zero to do with your Optik set top box but everything to do with the remote not being programmed correctly.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂