cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline 2 stopped adjusting volume???

jaymac10
Organizer
Very strange. Remote used to work 100% with my Samsung TV for the past 3 years. All of a sudden about 2 weeks ago, it would not adjust the sound/volume anymore. Powering on or off TV still works fine.

I've factory re-set remote. Gone through every Samsung Code. Upgraded TV firmware. Tried a different Slimline 2 remote. Still nothing.

Was about to recycle my old Shaw remote and decided to give it a try. Its able to change the volume!

So obviously it's the remote...???

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,

Jay
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Code 9999 is the factory reset code. Your remote will be able to control the volume but it is the on-board volume setting of the STB itself, not the TV. It will not be able to turn the TV on and off either. If you want to try a different code for the slimline 2, try 0018 and 0017. These are common codes for Samsung and I've had luck with both. They are not listed on the remote support site last I checked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jaymac10
Organizer
Randomly reading other posts here and someone suggested to use code 9999 to reset remote. That did the trick.

I had read that another code (can't remember now) was a factory reset but it obviously didn't work.

Code 9999 did!

Thanks,

Jay

Code 9999 is the factory reset code. Your remote will be able to control the volume but it is the on-board volume setting of the STB itself, not the TV. It will not be able to turn the TV on and off either. If you want to try a different code for the slimline 2, try 0018 and 0017. These are common codes for Samsung and I've had luck with both. They are not listed on the remote support site last I checked.