cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slimline 2 question

Spbillian
Just Moved In

Can you switch sources with the new slimline 2 remote? I know with the older one there was a mode button but now there isn't.

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

No. The Slimline 2 remote only controls volume and power once configured. The older Slimline will allow you to change inputs on many TVs.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

OTG
Just Moved In
I discovered this issue too. What the heck Telus? I thought you were all about improving technology, not taking us back 15 years. This is very frustrating and now Telus forces you to buy a 'universal' remote........ Booooooooooooo

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus never advertised it as a universal remote. In a way the technology is improved because it makes operation of the remote simpler for the majority of users. The big question is, how often do you switch inputs on your TV? For me, it's quite rare but I still have my TV's remote there.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

The AT&T U-Verse remote, part # S30-S1A, works perfectly with Optik TV and has a TV Input button. It's backlit too. I just bought a brand new one on eBay for $7.00! S30-S1A