cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution issue with latest optik TV app on Apple TV

lesliel
Just Moved In

Hi there,

There's an issue with the latest version of the Optik TV app on apple TV 4k.  Since upgrading, watching shows or live tv does not fill the entire screen.  It fills about 90% of the screen with a black border on the left and right sides.  It is not a setting issue on my Apple TV because when browsing content or the guide it fills the entire screen.  It used to work fine but the latest update to the Optik TV app caused this issue. 

Other apps on my Apple TV work still fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear your are experiencing issues with watching the content properly.

Have you tried to re-install the Optik Tv app?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear your are experiencing issues with watching the content properly.

Have you tried to re-install the Optik Tv app?

Yes, still having the same issue

I don't think you are referring to Optik PIK TV on your AppleTV.  I'm assuming you are referring to regular Optik.  I took a look with mine and am not experiencing the issue you are describing.  However, I am on the beta TV OS15.  I wonder if something somehow got changed in your TVs settings.  Have you explored the settings there, in case that is somehow causing it?  For me, the picture and the guide both fill my screen on Optik's AppleTV app on 3 different TVs. 

Hope you get it back to normal.

The original poster is correct . The issue happens on the optic tv app on appletv. This was reported a few weeks back. Also does the same thing on the pik tv app on Apple TV. It sounds like it has been fixed in tvOS 15 as you mention. Hopefully that is released soon. It’s not a tv or appletv setting issue.