Remote Record for Optik TV from multiple LAPTOPs using IE11 and Silverlight not working properly.

Artiecon
Connector

I have been using the remote record site on 2 laptops (win 7 and win 10) located on my network. Both use Internet Explorer 11 and Silverlight latest version (4?). This is the Website I have in my favourites: "https://webservices.tv.telus.net/RdvrSilverlight/RDVR.html". This has always worked for me until lately, when several things occurred- the channel guide had difficulties updating and presented a message telling me to try again later (often as this message was displayed, the channel guide would fill in). ANd more recently, and MOST aggravatingly, it requires me to re-register my PVR so I can log in. The reason I use laptops to add recordings is I don't need to turn my TV, Amp and PVR on- Turning it on to reset my registration defeats this.

The message I get is "Unable to login. Please ensure you have registered you account with the confirmation code by clicking the 'Register Now' link. Clicking that link enables me to enter my email and registration code, which is generated by resetting the account on the PVR. Once I do this, most of the time, the channels are all listed and I can make recordings, etc. Sometimes, the channels are listed, but clicking on one to make a recording give me a message that this feature is only available to users with PVRs. Of course, I have a PVR. When it works, I can use it to schedule recordings, etc. If I log off, and try to log back in, I am presented with the same "unable to login. Please ensure..."

I don't want to use my phone to do this sort of thing (actually have not been able to figure out how). Does anyone know what is going on here, and has had the same sort of problems?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Silverlight has been a problem for those of us with MacBooks, and Surface tablets (Windows 10) for some time. There are a number of discussions on the topic which you can find with a search of the term 'Silverlight', which may give you some ideas of what others have tried.

Not many solutions, to my recollection.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Artiecon
Connector

Thanks for the info- one of my two laptops is a Surface with Win 10. Since I want the Win 7 laptop to work (and it would be nice if the Win 10 laptop works too), I'll continue with the research.