Recording on PVR

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I currently have service from Shaw - I have two of their top-line PVR's.  I find it extremely frustrating as I try to record the shows I want.  It all seems to centre around the data they have in their program guide.  For example, I want to record Rick Mercer.  I specify "new shows only" but then what is recorded is all of the shows at all times including 4am - and some of those shows are several years old.  I end up with tons of shows recorded most of which I don't want.  Another example is the National on CBC news world.  I would like to record it at 9pm but if I try to record it I get all of the many times the National is played each day on that channel.  I used to live in Regina SK and the local cable company had a "this channel only" and "this time-slot only" specification on its recording function.  This was very helpful..  Can anyone tell me if the Telus PVR would allow me to record only those shows that I want?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

Yes, on the our PVR we can set a series recording and you can customize it's settings:

• Time: Any day + (round X;XX pm / anytime / anytime, once per day)
  • Show type: (first runs and reruns / first run only
  • Stop recording: (At scheduled time or you can adjust it)
  • Save: (choose when these recordings will be automatically deleted)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

Thanks, that helps!

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Advocate

Yes, on the our PVR we can set a series recording and you can customize it's settings:

• Time: Any day + (round X;XX pm / anytime / anytime, once per day)
  • Show type: (first runs and reruns / first run only
  • Stop recording: (At scheduled time or you can adjust it)
  • Save: (choose when these recordings will be automatically deleted)

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Resident

Thanks, that helps!