cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: More pvr room optik tv

turbovanman
Neighbour

So sharing a PVR isn't working out so well, its almost full so what are my options? I have a nice 1 TB hard drive left over from Shaw with a SATA connection? What about using the USB port?

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Some thoughts....

• If your content is set to "Keep until space needed", then you don't need to worry.  The PVR will delete when necessary.
  • Do you really need to archive that much video?  Do you plan to watch it all?  I was losing control with Sochi, so I set my some content to auto-delete after 2 recordings in the series.  My PVR storage space was kept to a controlled level.
  • going through the recordings and doing a little self-purging helps
  • VOD or video on demand helps
  • movies?  I can subscribe to a streaming service.
  • There's RCA connections at the back, I guess you can plug in a DVD burner.  It will only record in SD though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Some thoughts....

• If your content is set to "Keep until space needed", then you don't need to worry.  The PVR will delete when necessary.
  • Do you really need to archive that much video?  Do you plan to watch it all?  I was losing control with Sochi, so I set my some content to auto-delete after 2 recordings in the series.  My PVR storage space was kept to a controlled level.
  • going through the recordings and doing a little self-purging helps
  • VOD or video on demand helps
  • movies?  I can subscribe to a streaming service.
  • There's RCA connections at the back, I guess you can plug in a DVD burner.  It will only record in SD though.

View solution in original post

Hippo
Leader

Hey there! With the current  USB connection on the PVR  not currently being enabled, connecting an external hard drive is not yet possible. Managing your recordings would be the suggested option to over come this as the previous reply advised.

I asked about adding another PVR a while back and was told it was not possible.  When activating each box (PVR or set top) you get a code for each, certain codes work to activate PVR and only one PVR code allowed on an account.  This may have changed since I asked...but probably not.  On a side note I was told I could activate another PVR but the code would be for a regular set top box and the PVR functions would not work.