cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paralympics on Telus Optik TV

Chipper
Just Moved In

Where are the live feeds for the Paralympics?!?  The CPC even gave Telus a shout out for coverage in a media release prior to the Games. There isn't anything other than the regular CBC broadcasts and the availability of those shows on VOD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SeaOtter
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there, I believe the events are primarily broadcast during similar times to the previous games. So while not all events are going to be "Live", some events during said coverage should be for the most part. It is largely the responsibility of the broadcaster of the events to do this. Hopefully that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SeaOtter
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there, I believe the events are primarily broadcast during similar times to the previous games. So while not all events are going to be "Live", some events during said coverage should be for the most part. It is largely the responsibility of the broadcaster of the events to do this. Hopefully that helps!

During the Olympics, Telus had dedicated channel that broadcast all of the feeds that came out of the international broacast centre ... nothing to do with CBC or TSN or SN. Many times with no announcer at all. Simply the video feed. I am asking why are they not showing those feeds during the Paralympics?

The harsh reality... No one cares that much about the Paralympics, so no need to devote resources to it.

The international broadcast center is a ghost town.

The big Media outlets who broadcast things, decide to put back on shows that are profitable. They already lose hundreds of millions of dollars in broadcasting the games. Cost depending on the insane copyright/broadcast fee's paid to the private company known as the Olympics.

The Executive in Telus programming decide's whether to devote money to capturing/broadcasting the live feed, while few viewers watch. Potentially only a 1/4 of the viewers that would watch the main Olympic games.

en.sochimediacenter.ru/events

Edit: if the link add's www.  , just delete the www.  , so it works.

Disclaimer: I find that any country that steals billions of dollars from their people, to host a private company's party, a crime.

Former Olympic venues.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/outdoors/sports/news/12-forgotten-olympic-venues-fallen-into-disrepa...