PVR auto shutoff???

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Good Samaritan

I would like to keep my tv on when I am away to give some noise for my puppy until I return.  I have done this a few times and each time when I get home I see NO SIGNAL on my tv - it appears that the PVR box has shut off and my puppy is left in total silence hearing every little noise in the apartment.  any ideas/settings to change???

Highlighted
Rockstar

Call in to support  and have the auto shutoff changed from 4 hours to 24 hours. 

Highlighted
Good Samaritan

Perfect.  Thanks!!  You wouldn't happen to have a phone number for the support and their hours of operation???

Highlighted
Rockstar
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Might a radio be a better choice?  TV screen do have number of hours MTBF, and leaving it on all day shortens your viewing enjoyment.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

@NFtoBC wrote:

leaving it on all day shortens your viewing enjoyment.

Perhaps, but in the hands of seniors..... it's like the world has ended when the Optik box goes to sleep and they can't figure out out how to turn the Optik box back on without turning the TV off.  I would love to see it raised to 6 or 8 hours.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@xl wrote:

Perhaps, but in the hands of seniors..... it's like the world has ended when the Optik box goes to sleep and they can't figure out out how to turn the Optik box back on without turning the TV off.  I would love to see it raised to 6 or 8 hours.

Well, at least the clock is gone from the front of the VCR! <Blink>12:00 </Blink>

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"