PVR Recording

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Anj2417
Resident
I just switched from Bell to Telus Optik. Still trying to get used to the pvr... On the Bell PVR's you would find the show you want to record and when you selected it you would choose from the options: All Episodes, New Episodes, and Once. What are the equivalents on the Telus PVR? Series, First Run, Rerun?
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Find the show you want in the Guide. Press Info on the remote. Look for Record Series and you'll find the options you are looking for.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Most Helpful
Anj2417
Resident
That part I understand. I just don't understand the difference between the options in terms of recording new episodes, every episode of that show... Etc?
Parrot
Advocate
Hi there!  PVR settings changes are similar Smiley Happy

To record just one show, you can use the Guide screen and go the program you want to record and press the record button.

For series recording: Press Guide > Show you want to record > Press the Record button twice. Three red dots indicating a series recording will appear in the program guide.

To Customize the recording settings: Go to Guide > Highlight to the program that you want to record > Press Info > Select Record Settings/ Series > OK > You'll then get the option to Extend Recording time or Change how long the recording will be store or To choose if you want  just new episode (first run) and or to include re-run of a series.

I find this site to be very helpful. You can scroll down to Advanced PVR Options: http://www.telus.com/content/tv/optik/clients/video-help.jsp​