cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optix box

Maglag
Just Moved In
My optix box won't turn off. I have tried to unplug it and when I plug it back in it is still powered on. I tried to do a force shut down holding the button down and it won't work. Ideas?
3 REPLIES 3

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Once plugged in.... the lights are always on.  However, look at the oval around the power button.  Does it turn off and on when you push that oval switch?

Are you pushing the switch on the box?  Or the power button on the remote?

With the TV connected.... does the TV continue to show video when you push the power button?

HomerunHallock
Neighbour

Your TV box is defective and needs to be replaced, hopefully it's not the bigger PVR box, your recordings will be lost if so.

Occasionally a bad remote can be the cause as well, test your remote on another box in the house if you have more than one.

But if the pushing the power button on the front of the box doesn't work consistently, or after unplugging and plugging in the power cord, the power light should flash for a while as the box boots up.

We also see boxes where all 4 lights on the box are stuck on permanently, this is a defective box indicator as well.

Good luck! 

JordanElizabeth
Just Moved In

My box has been turning itself off and to start it up again I have to hold the button down for ten seconds and reboot.