Optik on the go => Live TV on laptop?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Dwayne626
Neighbour

to get rid of the safari message

Safari>Preferences>security>plug ins> check silverlight 

Make sure you have the tabs turned to on!

Mine still didn't work after this but the silverlight message 

Peralta
Resident

This is where I am stuck with 2015 MacBook Pro running Safari (Sierra).  After turning the security plugin to "on" for silverlight- no longer get the message to download silverlight but have the dots going in a circle forever then no video .   I don't understand how they can get Netflix to run on practically anything with not problems but this Optik on the go is do difficult?  Truly astounding how this is not fixed in 2016 November!!! Has anyone got any ideas?

Community Power User
Community Power User
It's the outdated silverlight platform that the IPTV platform is based on for secure delivery of the content. This is solely based on Ericsson which has taken over the mediaroom platform from Microsoft years ago..

Months back I was reading they're working on the next generation platform. How far along it is or when it will be ready is anyone's guess. But I would assume would require new hardware for consumers and content delivery providers such as Telus..

You could always use bootcamp and run it in windows. Even though not the ideal solution.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Peralta wrote:

This is where I am stuck with 2015 MacBook Pro running Safari (Sierra).  After turning the security plugin to "on" for silverlight- no longer get the message to download silverlight but have the dots going in a circle forever then no video .   I don't understand how they can get Netflix to run on practically anything with not problems but this Optik on the go is do difficult?  Truly astounding how this is not fixed in 2016 November!!! Has anyone got any ideas?

I have the same problem on my MacBook Pro, but @WestCoasterBC finds it works on his iMac of similar vintage. I suspect video card differences between the machines  :-(

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
RJK
Neighbour

Only problem with Global Go is when the advertisements come on it blasting loud. No good for me as I record the audio and listen to it later with my headphones on while I am at work. It almost deafens me when the advertisements come on.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Global Go is an app provided by Shaw. I've had problems with advertisements on that app being far louder than the TV show that's on. It's been an ongoing issue with that app for quite a long time now. I've emailed Global about it before but they didn't think there were any problems.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy