Optik on the go- Is there anyway to get a new confirmation code?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

green_sleeves
Friendly Neighbour

I am beyond frustrated. We have two tv's- both have been set up to work with my android optic tv app but since a tech brought new wireless hardware (a new modem and wifi digital box for the bedroom) over two weeks ago I can't use the app as I cannot log int.
My email isn't recognized, any variable of password is refused and when I go through the process of going into settings with the remote I get 'email/password is incorrect. I'm think once a home address is connected to telus to set up digital boxes is done you can't 'register an account' on the tv screen as its used. 
So my handy app is useless.  I only have a cell so being put on hold to explain this to someone overseas isn't going to happen. 
I tried to log in online and it is saying my password or log in information is wrong. So I hit 'forgot password' and it tells me my email isn't in their system.  But I have a telus account but suddenly its saying I don't for optik on the go. 
I have a feeling even if they send me a new code for my phone its still going to tell me my email account isn't in the system.
https://onthego.telus.com/#!/en

E
diting to say its the optik smart remote app that I can't access as above.

Community Power User
Community Power User
You must use the receiver and navigate to Menu>Settings>TV apps>select optik tv account

Create you account with the email address linked to your account. You will be emailed a "code".

If you still have email issues you will have to contact Telus. http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/contact-us?INTCMP=TcomFooter_contact_us

Completing your registration

To complete your Optik TV™ account registration, start by selecting the app you want to use:
Optik™ Smart Remote

On a Smartphone/Tablet
1. Download the Optik Smart Remote app from iTunes or Google Play
2. Launch the Optik Smart Remote app

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
green_sleeves
Friendly Neighbour

I have done that (and said I have done that in my post above) until my eyes have lost the ability to focus. I know how to navigate my telus  remote to go though the account process in settings. It won't accept my email account. Hence my frustration. Linking me to the page isn't helpful as I have been there 40 times today. I will contact support but as stated in my OP I can't afford to stay on hold for half an hour. If you have a link where I can punch in my phone number so they can call me back that would be helpful. 

In telus help and support (bolded is my words)

Your email is already registered

If you receive a message that your email already exists, it's possible that you are already registered. Try to log in using the email address.   It won't accept my email.

You forgot your password

If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by selecting Forgot? above the password field on the My Account log in page. You will end up with a new My Account password. 

It won't accept any password reset because it won't accept my email address. Non of which I have forgotten.

Community Power User
Community Power User

You could try the "Chat" option from your browser. Just click on Contact Us at the bottom of this page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
green_sleeves
Friendly Neighbour

Now telus won't accept my PC's browsers autofill password to even log into my account to reset anything. I get 'session timed out' and since I have tried unsuccessfully 5 times I can't do any more today. This is infuriating because I am one of those people who use the same flippin password for everything.
5 hours fighting this crap and nothing resolved. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you Contact Telus to look into the Email issue with your account.? At this point it's your only recourse, as was stated above. No sense trying your old log in over and over.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
green_sleeves
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, of course I have. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 'At this point' of course it is essential I do what I was trying to avoid (lengthy holds on my cell phone) As I stated above this was not my first issue but trying to understand why my log in credentials for my apps on new equipment were.

Community Power User
Community Power User

"WHY" questions are really hard for members of the Neighbourhood to answer, because we do not have access to the inner workings of Telus. We are able to offer suggestions as to how you might get resolution, but we are not able to fix stuff for you.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Aggy
Resident

Did you ever get this resolved, as I am having same issues after getting new wire free boxes?