Optik TV turning on by itself

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

At some occasions, my Optik TV box will turn on by itself like in the middle of the night. Anybody else experiencing something similar?

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Thoughts....

* In previous years.... the Optik box will shut down after 4 hours.  I think I read in the forum they doubled that.

* If it goes to sleep... don't worry, it wakes up for the PVR recordings the next day.  Nothing is lost.

Highlighted
Connector

Hello xl. My problem is that I will turn the tv and box off before going to bed and they would turn on by themself in the middle of the night. it doesnt happen all the time but did happen 2 or 3 times in the past 2 weeks.

Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Ooops.... misread your message.

• One possibility.... power surges.  Do you have a power bar connected to your Optik box?  How old is the power bar.
  • do you have someone else watching nearby in another room?  Could the Optik box be picking up their signal?
  • do you have something sitting on top of the remote pushing the buttons?  Is the remote stored inverted?
  • here's a test.... before going to bed, take the remote to another room.  Wondering if the remote is defective and sending out unwanted signals.
Highlighted
Connector
  • One possibility.... power surges.  Do you have a power bar connected to your Optik box?  How old is the power bar. Yes, less than a year old.
  • do you have someone else watching nearby in another room?  Could the Optik box be picking up their signal? No.
  • do you have something sitting on top of the remote pushing the buttons?  Is the remote stored inverted? No.
  • here's a test.... before going to bed, take the remote to another room.  Wondering if the remote is defective and sending out unwanted signals. Tried that two nights in a row and the tv came on by itself on the second night.
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum
Additional thoughts...

Does room have a window facing an adjacent house? Could their signal be picked up by mistake?

Do you have a one TV or two TV's? Does a second Optik box turn on?

So only the Optik box turns on.... The TV stays off?