Optik TV remote deprograming

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Hi,

is there anyway to have the optik box just turn off by itself w/out turning off TV

If i program the TV turn off into the remote, it auto turns off opitk box and tv when i am in "optik" mode.

I just want to turn off optik box, but keep TV on. But have option to turn off TV on same remote when it's in "TV" mode....

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Good Samaritan

Rule of thumb:

If the Power key is pressed when the remote is in Optik mode, both the TV and the Optik TV Box will be switched on/off.

If the Power key is pressed when the remote is in TV mode, the TV will be switched on/off.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Good Samaritan

Rule of thumb:

If the Power key is pressed when the remote is in Optik mode, both the TV and the Optik TV Box will be switched on/off.

If the Power key is pressed when the remote is in TV mode, the TV will be switched on/off.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate

Since pressing on power when you're in telus/optik mode has already been synced it will turn off both the box and tv. So you can try, power off on optik mode (turns off box and tv) then tv mode power on (turns on tv only). Or you can just go to the box and press the power button to turn it off (put in on standby).