Optik TV program reminder

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

jennypurr
Connector

PLEASE please please add a reminder feature for when a show is coming on!!!  I would not have switched quite yet had I known this was not available! Woman Sad

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

I just set my PVR to record a program that I'm about to forget or get distracted.  You can start watching PVR content before it has a chance to complete recording.

Are you recording one program at a time?  I set the PVR to record a "series" and I never need to worry about setting recordings each day.

Highlighted
jennypurr
Connector

Yeah, I'm going to have to, I get sidetracked so easily I never remember to watch the time for my program starts Smiley Sad  It was sooo nice with cable to just have a reminder pop up so you could switch directly to that channel when your show was starting.  I'm really going to miss that!

Community Power User
Community Power User
It's available on the satellite decoders. Interesting it is not available on Optik.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
Hippo
Ambassador

Hi Jenny!

We are always open to suggestions and would love to get your feedback regarding this feature. Can you please send an email to : tvfeedback@telus.com Thanks!

Christinoa
Resident

Why is this thread tagged as "solved"? ?? 

It is not solved at all! 

Community Power User
Community Power User

@Christinoa wrote:

Why is this thread tagged as "solved"? ?? 

It is not solved at all! 

It has been re-"solved". Currently there is not an option to do what you want. The answer is to put a request to Telus to have this option added in the future.

There was also a temporary work-around offered by another user.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Add it in the future? You mean re-add it? They used to have a feature like that when Telus TV was first out before it was branded Optik. Since the switch to Mediaroom for the box software, that feature was lost.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk wrote:

Add it in the future? You mean re-add it? They used to have a feature like that when Telus TV was first out before it was branded Optik. Since the switch to Mediaroom for the box software, that feature was lost.

Well, they can't very well add it in the past Smiley Wink

I fully agree that it is a poor software design, but all we can do here is confirm people's findings that the option is not present rather than hidden somewhere, suggest the process to request improvements, and offer a work around. As stated above, its available onthe sattelite reciever, so it surprises me that it was excleude or missed on the Optik box.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The reminder option was suggested the second Mediaroom was released on Telus' boxes. It has been suggested over and over again for years now. Even it's employees suggested it be re-added also. Telus is held hostage by Microsoft and now Eriksson who now owns Mediaroom. Getting changes done to it takes years if at all.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
xjeepguy
Connector
Well if it is a no go for the reminder then its back to dish. I had such high hopes for this system. After dealing with this awful remote and the on screen guide, it will be a happy reunion with the satellite.
WendyN
Resident

I just switched from cable Oct 2015, and I really miss the "set a reminder" feature that cable provided. I used to set up reminders for shows I wanted to watch for the entire day !!! THUS I wasn't constantly scanning channels looking for my fav shows